Invoices for May coverage
Due to a technical issue, some invoices issued by Medavie Blue Cross in the month of April, for May coverage, have members appearing as “Missing Certificates” on the last page of the invoice. Please be advised that these members are still covered by the plan, but, unfortunately, their premium was not charged to this invoice. This means that your invoice may be for a smaller amount than you had expected.
We understand this may cause some confusion and can assure you we have rectified this discrepancy, and sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
What you need to know
- There is no impact to member coverage – they have full access to their benefits.
- You can still make your standard payment based on previous months’ invoices.
- If you choose to pay the invoice as presented, the unbilled premium for these members will be applied to your next invoice.
- We are currently working on a solution to allow you to separately identify these missed certificate billings on your June invoice.
- Please be assured that there will be no impact from this issue on our premium relief credits program. The premium relief credit will be calculated through a separate process.
- This discrepancy only impacts Medavie Blue Cross private groups. There is no impact on invoices for clients of Saskatchewan Blue Cross.
We are committed to delivering an exceptional client experience, and acknowledge we were not able to do so in this case.
If you require more information, please contact your Medavie Blue Cross representative.