Privacy Protection Practices
Table of Contents
Confidentiality of your personal information
Collection of your personal information
Use of your personal information
Disclosure of your personal information
- To what extent is your personal information disclosed?
- With whom do we share your personal information?
Protect your personal information
- How do we protect your personal information?
- Notice concerning the transmission of personal information by email?
Retention and destruction of your personal information
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- What happens to your personal information after the retention period?
- Where do we keep your personal information?
Your privacy rights
- Access to your personal information
- Correction of your personal information
- Deletion of your personal information
- Complaints about your personal information
- How do we handle your requests and complaints?
Other information about your personal information
Individual health care insurance products are sold by Canassurance Hospital Association, which does business as Quebec Blue Cross®, Ontario Blue Cross™, and Blue Cross Canassurance®.
Canassurance Hospital Association provides cover for hospitalization, hospital allowance (hospitalization in cash), Assured Access, dental care, health care, medication and travel insurance. Blue Cross Life Insurance Company of Canada, doing business as Blue Cross Life, provides accidental death and dismemberment and critical illness benefits. Certain administrative functions are performed by Medavie Inc., doing business as Medavie Blue Cross.
When the law allows us to send you commercial electronic messages, or when you consent to receive commercial electronic messages from us, you understand that this correspondence may include our newsletter, information content, exclusive product and service offers, or invitations to participate in contests.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. When you unsubscribe, we will remove you from our lists within ten (10) business days, in accordance with the provisions of Canada’s anti-spam legislation.
Our websites may contain links to third-party websites or applications. You understand that these third parties may be able to collect and disclose your personal information. When you leave our site, our Policy no longer applies. Note that we have no control over the personal information practices of these third-party sites. It is your responsibility to consult their privacy policies.