Permanent insurance offers lifetime coverage. You pay the same premiums each year and your policy can be maintained until your death, regardless of your age. As an example, permanent life insurance can be used to cover final expenses.
Once you’re covered, you’re covered for life. This is ideal coverage for when you're young and healthy, because enrollment rates are guaranteed. Many also choose whole life insurance later in life when the children are grown, the mortgage is paid and retirement is on the horizon.
Easy & Preferred Access
One of our most popular products, Easy Access provides financial security and money for final expenses with no medical exams or tests.
And, if you can satisfy six additional health questions, you qualify for Preferred Access: the same great benefits as Easy Access – at even better rates.
- Age range to be eligible for the product is 40 – 85 years.
- Total coverage amount up to $35,000.
- The contract is in force for life.
Guaranteed level premiums
- Premiums remain the same for the duration of the contract. They will not increase.
Qualifying for coverage
- To qualify for Easy Access, you'll be asked questions about your medical history to qualify—but there is NO medical exam*. For even better rates, answer six additional medical questions to qualify for Preferred Access.
Accidental death benefit
- Coverage amount to your beneficiary doubles should your death be the result of an accident.
Immediate death benefit
- No waiting period before the death benefit is payable.
- Premiums vary based on how much insurance you want and whether you pay monthly or yearly. Minimum premium amount is $20 per month or $200 per year.
Cash surrender value, should you decide to end your contract, available after 3 years.
*Physician’s verification may be necessary based on age and face amounts.
**Blue Cross Life Insurance Company of Canada underwrites all life and disability benefits.