Managing diabetes just got easier
The Diabetes Care Program
2021 marks the 100th anniversary of a proud year in Canadian history — when a team of Toronto researchers, led by Frederick Banting and Charles Best, discovered insulin. This medical breakthrough completely transformed the treatment of diabetes and has saved millions of lives worldwide.
A century later, strides continue to be made in helping Canadians with diabetes manage their condition safely and effectively.
This includes a unique, new option in diabetes care, introduced by Medavie Blue Cross in partnership with Roche Canada, the manufacturer of the Accu-Chek Blood Glucose Monitor, and Ellerca Health — creators of the 360Care app and a health coaching provider.
Diabetes Care Program
The Diabetes Care Program provides convenient, all-in-one access to a glucose monitoring tool, home-delivered test strips, as well as the one-on-one counselling and education services of a health coach team.
A simple quarterly subscription to this program will cover all your health coaching and test strip costs. Check with your insurer to see if your benefit plan helps cover these costs.
As a program subscriber, you will receive a welcome kit that includes:
- An Accu-Chek® Guide blood glucose meter that automatically updates your readings in the 360Care app — and allows you and your coach to see your health data in real time
- Test strips delivered right to your door — and as many as you need, based on your usage history
- Live personalized health coaching and remote glucose monitoring from a variety of Ellerca Health professionals via video, talk or text messaging
Here’s a few reasons to consider registering for the program:
- Simple, convenient steps to make it easier for you to look after your health
- Learn more about your health, healthy lifestyle choices, guidance on nutrition
- Gain the knowledge — and the confidence — you need to self-manage your condition
- Receive as many test strips as you need — without leaving the house
- Reduce your out-of-pocket costs including those for cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and mental health issues that may result from diabetes
Diabetes Care Program
Test strips arrive at your doorstep as you need them, and health professionals develop a personalized plan to meet your needs.