Fraud Prevention Tips
Here are a few suggestions for things you can do to help protect yourself and others from becoming a victim of fraud.
- Keep your benefit card and coverage information in a safe place
- Never sign a blank claim form for a provider
- Always question a provider who offers free items with a covered service or product, or when a provider offers to waive your co-pay or deductible
- Always ensure the health care practitioner you deal with is licensed. (If you are unsure or have questions about a provider please contact us using our toll-free number that can be found here)
- If you receive a verification questionnaire to confirm treatments and other related information, please complete it and return it promptly
- Carefully review your Explanation of Benefits claim statements (EOB) for any discrepancies in services received compared to services claimed