Medavie Blue Cross and our employees care about the health of our communities. In fact, we’ve been giving back to our communities for almost 75 years. Our history of care is evident in how we do business today, with a focus to help improve the health of Canadians.
Sponsorship eligibility criteria is outlined below and qualified charities or non-profit organizations can apply online. If you have a specific question about our community giving program, contact Community Relations.
Our employees are passionate about the well-being of their communities. To support the charities closest to their hearts, we contribute to two employee-led programs:
- Team Matching – when a group of two or more employees participates in a health or wellness-related event, we match the funds raised by up to $3,000 per team
- Time Equals Money – when an individual employee volunteers at least 50 hours in one calendar year, we make a $500 donation to their chosen charity
We hold an annual United Way workplace campaign, led by employees in each of our locations. This is how we support social welfare initiatives in our communities.
Children’s Wish Foundation
As a member of the Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans, we support the Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada. Together with our fellow Blues, Medavie Blue Cross provides comprehensive travel insurance coverage to children and their families when a travel wish is granted. To learn more, visit the Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans website.
To be eligible for support, you must be able to answer yes to the following questions.
Is your organization:
- A registered charity, non-profit or health research institution?Based in Atlantic Canada, Quebec or Ontario?
- Focused directly on improving health and reducing chronic disease?
If you are hosting a special event or program, does your event/program provide:
- An opportunity for corporate exposure (i.e. spokesperson opportunities, signage, media opportunities, social media engagement, employee volunteering, etc.)?
- Potential networking opportunities?
The following conditions are NOT eligible for sponsorship:
- Groups or programs based or in operation outside of Canada
- Groups or organizations not registered with the Canada Revenue Agency or Government of Canada
- Lobbyists and/or activist groups
- Advertising in yearbooks, calendars, and/or event programs, etc.
- Debt-reduction, beautification, endowment or memorial campaigns
- Individual pursuits/fundraising
- Conference and/or related fees
- Travel or transportation programs and projects
- Films, audio recordings, or website development
- Service clubs, fraternities, sororities or sports organizations
- Professional and technical associations