How to file a claim
The fastest way to file your claim is to submit it using our mobile app. Download or open the app and choose ‘Travel’ as the type of claim you’re submitting.
You also have the option to upload the claim documents to our secure website https://canassistance.com/en/blue-cross or to mail the completed forms(s) and all other required documents to:
Blue Cross Travel Assistance
PO BOX 3888, Station B,
Montréal, QC, H3B 3L7
Please note: New Brunswick and Newfoundland residents are no longer required to mail original copies and can now use any of the methods listed above.
What documents will I need to file my claim?
To make sure your claim is processed quickly, you’ll need to include the following documents when you submit your claim:
- A fully completed and signed copy of the Travel Insurance Claim Form.
- Original itemized bills indicating the diagnosis, the services rendered and a breakdown of the charges
- Official pharmacy receipts showing the name of the drug(s), the dosage and the cost(s)
- Proof of payment for all expenses paid. You can also submit a credit card statement showing the Canadian equivalent you were charged.
- Any other relevant documents such as medical reports, labs results, etc.
Have a travel claim or cancellation that requires a bit more paperwork? If your claim has more than 15 pages of documentation, we ask that you mail it to us so that we can efficiently process your claim.