The upgrades to the Group Administrator Portal were made to allow for better functionality and more streamlined user experience. Your feedback will be important as we continue to develop updates and make improvements to this experience.
We’ve outlined a few of the improvements below, and more updates are on the way:
- A new look and feel
- Easy to navigate, user friendly
- Enhanced reporting
- An increase in real-time updates
- Updated search features
- Improved security features
- New consolidated invoice
For Group Administrators with portal access, the best way to log in to our secure portal is by visiting medaviebc.ca, using Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome.
Once logged in, you can quickly administer benefits, access forms, view publications and more.
While our teams work to move our customers over to our enhanced technology system, we require your assistance in asking that any changes to members not be made three weeks prior to the conversion date. Any changes entered into the system during this time will not be processed overnight, and will see a delay in being posted on the Medavie Blue Cross Systems and invoices. As such, please hold all changes until the conversion date at which time the changes will update in real-time through the new portal access. To avoid any delay in processing, please ensure all enrolment and change forms are completed in full before submitting to Medavie Blue Cross. Once on the new administration portal please remember to advise your Medavie Blue Cross contact if you process a change two months prior to your conversion date.
There is no impact to identification cards; all services will still work as normal with their old and new division cards.
Transitioning customers to the new platform is always scheduled for the weekends in order to avoid limiting any day-to-day business. Customers may experience a delay in their claims being processed on the Sunday a conversion is taking place, with the claim being processed the following day. Service providers are advised of these delays well in advance.
In rare instances, some policy adjustments from the updates we are making may require a new ID card. If a member receives a new card, they need to update their profile information with their Pay Direct providers such as pharmacies, dentists, and other health professionals. They may also need to re-register for some of our online services. A reminder that members can access their digital ID cards through our mobile app.
If your policy contains dependent life benefits please note the dependents will be loaded with a dummy dependent name. This will not affect any future claims payments but the name can be updated at any time. The Group Administration portal user guide contains reference to how to make this change.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility changes, please contact:
Quebec residents, please email email@example.com
All other provinces, pleaseemail: MAAX.firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve developed a consolidated invoice which will now offer detailed information in an easier-to-read format with all of your benefits on one single invoice per cost center. Benefits like inConfidence® Employee and Family Assistance Program, Medical Second Opinion™ Services and My Good Health® will now appear on your invoice. We also changed our billing process to calculate coverage amounts based on the actual effective and termination dates of each member. All member data is supported in an excel file within the invoice site. If your policy contains premium and claims based invoices these charges will remain on separate invoices with separate policy numbers.
Adding an Employee
Adding an employee can be done with a few easy steps.
- Under enrolment, chose “Add Member.” You then fill in the form by choosing the Group, Policy, Division, Class and Plan that the employee should fall under and add their information.
- If you had already started an enrolment process, but had not completed it, you can pick up where you left off within the Transaction Summary section.
- When you have finished adding in your information, make sure to click “Save & Exit” to finish adding the member at a later time; or click “Next” to finish adding the member.
- If an existing employee has a similar name and birthday, that member’s information will display along with the following message: “The following members were found that closely match the input you have provided.” This makes sure that a member isn’t added to the system twice. To continue adding the new member, click “Next.”
- You will then be taken to the Add Family Members screen, followed by the screen to Select Benefits, and the screens to provide occupation, beneficiary, and any Coordination of Benefits information from the employee’s enrolment form.
- Once all of the information for the new member has been entered, the following message will display: “Please be aware that coverage amounts may be adjusted during the enrolment process if the request exceeds policy maximums.”
- At this point, review the “Member Summary” and make any necessary changes. Once you are happy with the content, click “Submit” and then “Finish” on the Add Member Screen – Enrolment in Progress Screen
Updating Employee Information
You can update an employee’s family information, such as name or address, by clicking the “update” button next to the appropriate section of information. A screen with input fields will appear.
It’s important to note that some fields, such as “permanent date employed,” cannot be changed on the portal at this time. Should you require a change for either of these sections, in Atlantic Canada or Ontario, you can contact your client service representative at Medavie Blue Cross; if in Quebec, you can call the Administration department at 1-800-456-6595 (option 3)
Finding an employee who already has benefits
To find an employee who already has benefits, under enrolment, choose, “update/view member.” From the “member search” screen, you can search for an employee by their name or certificate number.
To view inactive employees, check “show all.” For active employees, you can view by searching “group” and “policy.”
If you are looking to view an employee’s summary information, click on their ID number.
If the function is available, “update” buttons will display next to specific sections of information. Click the update button to change information in that section.
Family member changes
To make family member changes for an employee (such as updating marital status), click on the “update” button next to “other family members.”
Click on the family member’s name, and the “update family member” section will open
It’s important to note that the field “permanent date employed” cannot be changed on the portal at this time. Should you require a change for either of these sections, in Atlantic Canada or Ontario, you can contact your client service representative at Medavie Blue Cross; if in Quebec, you can call the Administration department at 1-800-456-6595 (option 3)
To add a new dependent, click “add a dependent.”
When the child is within 60 days of reaching the maximum age of becoming a minor, a checkbox titled Change to Student will appear.
If the dependent has terminated within 30 days of the maximum age of being a minor and will be attending post-secondary education within this timeframe, you are able to change relationship type to student within the “update family members” section.
All other dependent reinstatements can be sent to Medavie Blue Cross for processing.
To find an employee who already has benefits, under enrolment, choose, update/view member. From the member search screen, you can search for an employee by their name or certificate number.
- To view inactive employees, check show all. For active employees, you can view by searching group and policy.
- If you are looking to view an employee’s summary information, click on their ID number.
- If the function is available, update buttons will display next to specific sections of information. Click the update button to change information in that section.
Steps to follow for member terminations
When terminating a member on Group Administrator Portal*
- Verify that the member’s current residential contact information is complete and up to date (address, phone, email)
- Enter the termination date
- Indicate the reason under cancellation reason
- Advise member that there are various options regardless of state of health
Provide the member with the correct Group Conversion Flyer for their location:
- Atlantic provinces (Advise member they should contact Medavie Blue Cross within 60 days to avoid both lapse in coverage and waiting periods.)
- All other provinces (Advise member they should contact Medavie Blue Cross within 30 days to avoid both lapse in coverage and waiting periods.)
*Important: Please ensure all information entered on GA Portal is accurate and current prior to terminating the member.
Our team at Medavie Blue Cross is dedicated to providing a user-friendly experience with our provider portal. Enhancements are being made to our new technology system, and while this takes place there are some temporary restrictions to portal functionality. These include the following:
Temporary Limitations on Group Administrator Portal
- Members on a disability claim are not able to add family members.
The above tasks can be accomplished by contacting MAAX Policy Administrators at MAAX.Policy.Administrators@medavie.bluecross.ca
- Members who are terminated can be reinstated on the Portal as long as they return to work within six months.
- Members who are terminated having only Health and Dental policies can be updated as long as they return to work within 12 months.
- Members who are on a leave of absence, layoff, or Maternity/Paternity leave can be reinstated through the Portal.
- Requests for identification card can be found in the transaction summary.
- Identification cards are sent for all new employees. GAs are prompted for future requests.
- To see full list of salary changes remove the date from the salary column.
- Medavie Blue Cross will no longer be mailing letters advising of over-age dependent status. A query is found in the enrolment section of the Group Administration Portal.
We created an improved consolidated invoice, offering detailed information in an easier-to-read format with all of your benefits on one single invoice. You may receive a reduced number of invoices due to this new structure (if applicable). Only one payment is required (or paid through pre-authorized payment) for all the benefits listed on the new invoice, including speciality products. Please note that all invoices will be sent electronically, you can find more information in the toolkit’s ebills section.
Specialty Products will now appear on your consolidated invoice. If you currently have any of our Wellness Products, such as inConfidence® Employee, Family Assistance Program or Medical Second Opinion™ services, they will appear as line items in the body of your invoice with the applicable rates. As always, when an employee is hired, they can immediately access the inConfidence® Employee and Family Assistance Program benefit. The benefit will be billed as of their start date and will no longer be invoiced separately. My Good Health® is a value-added service available to all card holders which will now appear on each invoice you receive.
However, it will not be reflecting a rate unless the reporting packages have been purchased, in which case you would then see your yearly rate. Your sales representative can provide you with more information on our value-added reporting packages, and you can also visit My Good Health® for more details.
We also enhanced our billing process to calculate coverage amounts based on the actual effective and termination dates of each member, meaning that we no longer need to defer an effective date to the first day of the month or subsequent month. If you would like to add your employer/employee contributions to the invoice please contact your Medavie Blue Cross Representative.
If you currently use, or plan to use, online banking, you must re-register with the account number found on your invoice remittance stub. Please see our Invoice Guide for support on reviewing the new document and adjustments.
- To view an “e-Bill”, click “e-Bills” on the Welcome screen.
- On the “Search Documents” screen, the most recent e-Bills, in both CSV and PDF formats, will automatically appear under “Document Search Results.”
From the drop-down menu, the following options are available for viewing e-Bills:
All: All available invoices and data files.
Invoice: PDF format (Remittance and Invoice Details).
Invoice report will contain all member details and adjustment details & descriptions
Data File: CSV format (Excel spreadsheet data file).
Note: Paper invoices: Summary pages only.
Viewing specific billing periods
You can view the following specific billing periods:
Number of Months:
Most recent up to 12 months.
All available bills.
From and To fields must be completed.
Viewing specific policies/divisions
To view e-Bills for specific policies and/or divisions, select one or more options from the “Policy – Division/Name” drop-down. For a complete list of e-Bills, select “All Policies”.
Within your “Document Search Results”, click either the PDF or CSV links to view, print or save the eBill.
Your Medavie Blue Cross representatives are ready to answer any of your invoice questions, as well as changes to process. Please contact a representative at:
Quebec: 1-800-456-6595 (option 3)
All other provinces: 1-888-564-2155
1. Fully insured policy:
If payment of premiums is not received when due, Medavie Blue Cross will contact you and follow the below process:
- Clients will receive a Reminder letter advising them that their account is 20 days in arrears, and requesting that payment be made.
- At 45 days in arrears, a second letter will be sent to advise that all claims will be suspended if payment is not received in 60 days from the invoice due date. No further communication will be sent prior to claims suspension.
- The third letter will be sent on the day of claims suspension for non-payment to advise that all claims have been suspended effective 60 days from the invoice due date.
- The fourth letter will be sent to advise of termination due to non-payment of premium. A final invoice and termination letter will be sent. The termination letter is sent when a client is 75 days in arrears.
2. Administrative Services Only Policy:
If payment of premiums is not received when due, Medavie Blue Cross will contact you and follow the below process:
- Clients will receive a Reminder letter advising them that their account is 30 days in arrears, and requesting that payment be made.
- At 60 days in arrears, a second letter will be sent to advise that all claims will be suspended if payment is not received in 75 days from the invoice due date. No further communication will be sent prior to claims suspension.
- The third letter will be sent on the day of claims suspension for non-payment to advise that all claims have been suspended effective 75 days from the invoice due date.
- The fourth letter will be sent to advise of termination due to non-payment. A final invoice and termination letter will be sent. The termination letter is sent when a client is 90 days in arrears.
Please contact your Medavie Blue Cross representative for more information.
Your Medavie Blue Cross representatives are ready to answer any of your invoice questions.